FREE activities with ‘Nature’ theme
Arc 1950 Le village, high up in the French Alps, opened this weekend [4 July] to blue skies and a range of summer of outdoor sports activities free of charge – guests can enjoy the mountains at their own pace and with their own choices.
Visitors can choose two activity sessions per person and per week, from a choice of:
- Fitness, with sessions outside in the village square with qualified Personal Trainers
- Half day hikes (for adults and children) accompanied by a mid-altitude mountain guide
- Mountain bike initiation sessions for children aged 8 to 12 years
- Archery with equipment provided
Due to Covid-19, health protection measures will be taken for the different activities incl social distancing, cleaning of equipment, anti-bacterial hand gel etc.
A Village that takes care of the environment
All those involved in Arc 1950 le Village are also committing to “greener” and more responsible tourism. Pierre & Vacances group, which manages the Village’s 5* residences, is committed to limiting their impact on the environment through daily actions: e.g. careful sorting of waste and using eco-labelled cleaning products.
New: The “Clef Verte” (Green Key) Label
Pierre & Vacances residences in the Village have been awarded the “Green Key” label. Symbolising environmentally responsible tourism, the label rewards Arc 1950’s commitment to sustainable development. Residents and visitors alike therefore become co-responsible for this approach based on a variety of criteria such as environmental strategy, water, waste and energy management.
Retail and Restaurants -New Organic Offerings
In Arc 1950, the retailers are also in favour of sustainable development. The Village’s supermarket, 8 à Huit, has a deli counter that offers customers fresh and homemade items every day. There is also a range of organic products in the shop with many unpackaged items.
The Wood Bear Café offers gourmet, generous cuisine based on homemade dishes with organic, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
On the menu: lemonade flavoured with a selection of dandelions picked during spring in the mountains; Wild garlic pesto accompanies the Chef’s terrines; for dessert lovers, homemade fruit coulis [picked from the restaurant’s own garden] with the delicious cheesecake; Summer colours and fresh produce can also be found in the Açaí Bowl or the lunchtime ‘bowl du Midi’ . Enjoy it all on the terrace bordered with flowers and herbs.
Committed to the fight against plastic, plastic straws have been replaced by steel, plus special Wood Bear Café mugs replace takeaway coffee cups.
For a quick savoury stop, the Cascade Sucrée offers several variations of pasta with homemade sauces and a typically Savoyard speciality: the ‘Hot Diot’. Adapted from the famous hot dog, the Hot Diot consists of crusty bread and Diot sausage cooked in white wine.
Le Mazot and the Brasserie 1950 also now include a vegan and vegetarian dishes on their menus.
The Village restaurateurs are also committing to the local economy by using fresh local produce daily to prepare their balanced, seasonal dishes for example at Restaurant Le Perce Neige.
A Natural Wellbeing Experience and Nordic Baths
A visit to Arc 1950’s Deep Nature Spa with its 1000 m2 is an absolute must!
Its impressive mineral decor and the themed areas offer a range of sensorial experiences: the aquatic grotto (a relaxation pool heated to 30°), the ice grotto (ice shower and fountain) and the volcanic grotto (a sauna at 45°).
The signature Deep Nature massages are given in treatment rooms with incredible views overlooking Mont Blanc – THE way to relax in the mountains, book the twin room for a romantic massage ‘a deux’.
Arc 1950’s Deep Nature Spa has launched a Skin Care range of natural cosmetics that can be created to suit your skin type. With re-mineralising, exfoliating or warming face masks, this new range consists of natural products such as clay, vegetable charcoal or Iroise seaweed.
New: Nordic baths
The Village’s Deep Nature Spa has completed its range of services with two new outside Nordic hot water baths for you to relax in.
Arc 1950 is a car-free village with an environmentally responsible car park
- NO cars in the Village streets due to the resort’s underground car park
- LED lightbulbs are now used to reduce consumption
- Since 2018, 3 Tesla recharging stations for electric cars
- E-bike recharging points to encourage visitors and guests – also on the terrace of the Wood Bear Café
- In 2017, reduction of nearly 45% in electricity consumption thanks to the installation of a Centralised Technical Management system for the heated ramp.
- Free shuttle bus system linking the different sites of Les Arcs makes it easier to get around
- Link from Bourg-Saint-Maurice to Les Arcs on the new panoramic funicular that offers breathtaking views of the valley.
Arc1950Booking.com, easier on-line booking
Arc1950Booking.com optimises the marketing of the Village, keeping cold beds to a minimum and showing offers from all, whether they are Pierre & Vacances, maeva.com or private owner/rentals.
Private owners now have a link where they can load their apartment for rental. The online calendar can be sychronised with Airbnb, HomeAway, Booking.com, Expedia and Abritel.
Arc1950Conciergerie offers every possible service to the Village’s guests
Arc1950Conciergerie offers owners and holidaymakers access to all types of services. Working with three local companies who have signed a quality and exclusivity charter with the Village: NV3, LeeBear and FaceB, Arc 1950 offers more choice to property owners and guests to Arc 1950:
- NV3: As part of a team of carefully selected male and female cleaners and trained management staff, NV3 Property Services manages individual properties for services such as handing over keys, carrying out inventories, cleaning and housekeeping service for the greater comfort of guests and owners. +33 (0)4.79.08.25.66 or email@example.com
- LeeBear offers hotel-style services for owners and guests in Arc 1950. Thanks to its free mobile application and presence in the Village, LeeBear can look after everything. Meals delivered to your apartment, transport reservations, booking a restaurant or cleaning. It makes everything so easy for owners and their guests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Face B is a new innovative solution for holiday rental property owners. Benefit from expertise of decorators, architects; Renovate your apartment simply and remotely with a service that includes the work, furnishings, decoration, and access to professional hotel equipment. In partnership with Maeva.Com, Face B offers owners the cost of their audit and advice on decoration/fitting-out based on “collection” styles. faceb-renovation.com / email@example.com/ +33 (0)6 27 89 68 11
Arc 1950 Le Village
4 July – 29 August 2020
Dropbox link to Images – village, accommodation, activities, and lifestyle: images c Andy Parant
Press Contact : Vanessa Fisher UK PR Arc 1950 firstname.lastname@example.org +44 7957 618525