Lake Annecy Ski Resorts:
Media Info: 07 November 2012
Happy Birthday to Lake Annecy Ski Resorts – One Year Old!
Four resorts, one wintersports area – Winter 2012-13
Last year, La Clusaz, Le Grand Bornand, Manigod and Saint-Jean de Sixt, four charming French ski resorts, combined to create the area ‘Lake Annecy Ski Resorts’ – www.lakeannecy-skiresorts.com .
These four resorts, in the Aravis mountain range in the Northern French Alps, touch the edge of Lake Annecy, and are just under an hour away from Geneva airport. They each have traditional farming communities at their heart and offer an authentic Alpine experience.
What’s NEW for winter from Lake Annecy Ski Resorts:
New in Le Grand Bornand, ski biking is offered for the first time on a dedicated piste. If you have any energy left after skiing, Le Grand Bornand offers adrenalin junkies the chance to try their skills on these new ski bikes. Anyone 10yrs+ can ride the bikes that include a braking system to make them really safe on snow. 36 Euros per session via www.esf-grand-bo.com
NEW in Manigod the world’s only dedicated piste opens for ‘Paret’ – a traditional wooden sledge children originally used for getting to school. A 300 metre piste is available for free with seven gates to test your steering skills. www.manigod.com
The area plans to open for the winter season on 22 December 2012 with two new lifts in La Clusaz : a detachable 6 seater chairlift on the Cret du Loup and a fixed 4 seater on the Mini Loup which will be known as ”P’tit Loup”. All ensuring Lake Annecy Ski Resorts maintains a modern and convenient ski system evolving from the attractive village base.
So much happening this winter: a taste of Lake Annecy Ski Resorts key events
- 19-20 January 2013 La Clusaz hosts the Cross Country Skiing World Cup http://fis-ccwc-laclusaz.fr/press.html
- 29 Jan -3 Feb 2013 La Clusaz Radikal Mountain – hosting the best freeriders in the world for a qualification level of the Freeride World Tour
- 13 March 2013 800 snow shoe-ers hike the Plateau de Beauregard with views of Mont Blanc in the 32nd Snow Masters www.manigod.com
- 23-24 March 2013 24 hours of skiing and snowboarding with 1000+ participants for charity www.glisseencoeur.com
- 25-29 March 2013 Military World Games – 150 athletes from 35 nations competing peacefully!
- 22-27 April 2013 Green week in St Jean de Sixt – a week of education in sustainable development and eco-tourism
See press pack for full listing of events http://www.lakeannecy-skiresorts.com/press.html
Perfect for a romantic gourmet weekend
Lake Annecy Ski Resorts are under an hour from Geneva airport making a weekend wintersports holiday a pleasure!
Stay at the gorgeous and romantic Chalet Hotel La Croix Fry, at 1400m with stunning views over the valley below from E270 per day half board (2 people) or stay in one of the chalets for two people for just E750 (reduced from E950) from 5-12 January 2013. Enjoy their private location, wonderful restaurant that has just received its 3rd Gault-Millau star rating, serving exquisite local food. Private shuttles whisk skiers to the nearby slopes.
Book your holiday to Lake Annecy Ski Resorts
Tour Operators: Crystal Ski, Erna Low, Peak Retreats, Ski Weekends, Ski Famille
For Further information on any of the above or for press visits, contact:
Vanessa Fisher firstname.lastname@example.org 07957 618525
For a detailed press pack visit http://www.lakeannecy-skiresorts.com/press.html
For images see: http://mediatheque.aravis.com/