20 Things About Vanessa
1. I’ve Worked in the travel industry for 22 years.
2. I used to be a professional dancer (jazz and contemporary).
3. I am married to entrepreneur Guy Fisher.
4. We have 3 children.
5. I have skied in over 50 resorts.
6. I grew up a market gardeners daughter and picked fruit every summer of my younger life.
7. Hence, I love vegetables and fruit.
8. And I love cake.
9. I have ski raced in 10+ Inferno races, the first ever City Ski championships in Aosta and many more, skiing with Damon Hill, Colin Jackson, Konrad Bartelski and Eddie the Eagle!
10. I work out regularly and have run two half marathons, London’s Royal Parks and The London Landmark Half and I have committed to the Bath Half in March 2020.
11. Until I had my first child I took dance classes with Rambert Dance Company adult programme. I love theatre especially the Royal Ballet, other dance, musicals and live music.
12. I danced in a trio (age 14) with Gary Barlow’s wife!
13. I have a first level climbing qualification and love Reading Climbing Centre and I used to be an English teacher – (PGCE Secondary level English and Drama) and have a degree in English Literature.
14. My children learnt to ski in Wengen and Vaujany.
15. I learnt to ski in Flaine, France – my last ski of 2018-2019 season was in Les Menuires, France!.
16. I did a ski season in Banff.
17. I’m on my third Mini and I love it!
18. Purple Rain by Prince is one of my all time favourite songs.
19. My favourite films – Top Gun, Dirty Dancing and The Big Blue, Avatar & Daniel Craig as 007!
20. In 2018 I took part in the Super 3, a series of three amateur downhill ski races in Switzerland, the only British female to take part and complete the triple.